Today is the International Day of Failure. Which happens to be, along with Maldives resorts, my other specialist subject. I’ve written about as much about embracing failure as I have about quirky features at Maldivian resorts. And today I get to combine the two. Enjoy!
- Helengeli – According to Wikipedia, “HANE” is either “Hereditary angioneurotic edema” or “High-altitude nuclear explosion”. Neither is probably a happy occurrence to a new bride. [ABOVE]
- Cinnamon Dhonveli – The guests weren’t being rude when they said he’d married a cow.
- Amilla Fushi – I guess at Amilla they keep track of your achievements and this guest is now at “5”
- Atomosphere Kanifushi – I’ve posted about Babymoons, Blood Moons, Full Moons, Coconut Moons and Super Moons, but somehow I’ve missed out the basic “Happy Moon”.
- Dhigufaru – Is the “Valentine 2” performing for a romantic duet?
- Hurawalhi – Wow, a baby born on the resort itself!
- J Resort Alidhoo – Unless this is some cryptic formula, this appears to be text slang for “Welcome, Oh My…”
- Kuredu – For smaller achievements, I guess this is appropriate.
- Meeru – But this one for really big, heavy achievements.
- Meeru – It’s no big holiday, it merely Christmas.
- Mirihi – I know, I know, everyone’s a chritic these days.
International Picnic Day today. And the Maldives resort go a bit beyond the blanket and basket. There are dinners “on” the beach, but in the Maldives you can dine “in” the beach. In luxurious style. Here are the Maldives Complete Top Ten “IN” beach dinners for your end your picnic day in paradise…
1. Dusit Thani [ABOVE]
3. LUX Maldives
5. Jumeirah Dhevanafushi
6. Amilla Fushi
7. Gili Lankanfushi
8. Taj Exotica
9. Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru
10. Anantara Veli
The traditional dhoni has been the life blood for the scattered Maldivian archipelago pumping people and goods across its waters for centuries. In modern times, the dhoni also provides cultural inspiration to all manner of décor and items on the Maldives resorts.
The term “dhoni” is not only essential to Maldives life since its earliest history, but has even entered the global lexicon as one of two Dhivehi words that have made it into the English language (the other is even more characteristic of the very essence of the Maldives).
I have added a “Dhoni” tag to keep track of all the nautically inspired resort features now.
1. Boat Swing – Centara Ras Fushi [ABOVE]
2. Boat Villa – Huvafenfushi
3. Lounge – Park Hyatt Hadahaa
4. Room Service – Constance Moofushi
5. Fountain – Park Hyatt Hadahaa
6. Buffet – Lily Beach
7. Bar – Canareef
8. Housekeeping – Coco Bodu Hithi
9. Planter – AaaVeee
10. Bar – Jumeirah Vittaveli
11. Restaurant – Millaidhoo
12. Kids Club– Anantara Dhigu
13. Dining Table – JA Manafaru
14. Reception – Sun Siyam Irufushi
15. Seating – Ayada
16. Lounging – Taj Exotica
17. Water Villa – Cocoa Island
World Smile Day today. And if there is one place in the world that knows how to put a smile on your face it is the Maldives. If the sheer other-worldly aquatic beauty alone doesn’t do it, then the service obsessed resorts will find some special touch guaranteed to get your grin on…
1. SUNGLASS CLEANING – Four Seasons Kuda Hura [ABOVE]
2. FOOT WASHING – One & Only Reethi Rah
3. GREETING MASSAGE – Anantara
4. ICE CREAM SERVICE – LUX South Ari Atoll
5. BIKE RETURN – One & Only Reethi Rah
6. PILLOW MENU – Anantara Kihavah Villas
7. SNACK SERVICE – Gangehi
8. BUTLER BRIGADE – Jumeirah Dhevanafushi
9. TREE MOVING – One & Only Reethi Rah
10. FACE MIST SPRAYING – Kanuhura
The definitive activity in the Maldives might be snorkelling, but the definitive “look” of the Maldives are its lagoons. But a lagoon is more than a pretty pictures. Here is my lakers dozen Lagoon Accessories to make the most tranquil lagoon as active and colourful as any house reef…
1. HAMMOCK – Anantara Dhigu
2. DECK – Baros
3. RAFTS – One & Only Reethi Rah
4. CORAL TOPIARY – Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru
5. CLIMBING WALL – Hideaway Beach
6. DINING AREA – Angsana Ihuru
7. CATCH – Kurumba
8. SHADED DINING – Centara Ras Fushi
9. DIRECTIONS – Anantara Kihavah
10. WINE BAR – Kurumba
11. POOL – Velassaru
12. VOLLEYBALL – Angsana Velavaru
13. GROYNE ISLAND – Maafushi
14. SWING – Anantara Dhigu