One & Only Reethi Rah’s “Comfort Menu” offers up a selection of treats for floating in the comfort of your own villa – “Individually chosen ESPA bath oils, mineral sea salts and petals envelop the body as candles bath the room in a soft relaxing light.”
You have a choices of several variations including:
- “Essential oils of the West Indian Bay and Clove” served with Hot cinnamon tea
- “English Peppermint and Rosemary” served with a refreshing ice cold Earl Grey tea with Rosemary and Citrus
- “Frankinceance and Ylang-Ylang served with a hot herbal tea of Rosehip and Hibiscus
Calgon take me away…to paradise.
- “Coco Bodu Hithi has teamed up with Sunnylife, the Australian company that has become one of the world’s leading summer lifestyle brands, to introduce the world’s first Pool Floats Menu. Featuring an eclectic selection of Sunnylife’s colourful, whimsical, and stylish inflatable swimming pool floats, this unique menu is sure to be a hit with everyone, from young ones to those young at heart. Martin Lount, General Manager at Coco Bodu Hithi said “We’re extremely excited to be working with Sunnylife to kick off our summer pool floats programme and offer this one-of-a-kind menu experience. Our guests love to share pictures of their holiday with friends on social media, and with over 12 different styles on offer from our pool floats menu, we’re excited to see what they’ll be posting online!”
Black Friday today is the annual carnival of commercialism. The day after American Thanksgiving when all the families get together (“homecoming”) and have a Friday day off so they all go to the mall to get a jump on their Christmas shopping. For float aficionados, I had already added today’s feature to the resort Santa list. And now one lucky resort – Rihiveli Dream – finally features it. In fact, the whale shark float was the bequest of Maldives Complete and field correspondent Isley Lynn who stayed their this summer as a part of the artist-in-residence posting. Best Maldives Float Ever.
Thanksgiving Day and time for the annual float parade. Not just down Manhattan’s Central Park West for the Macy’s extravaganza, but here on Maldives Complete with the latest from the fashionista pneumatics. This year is a special comprehensive catalogue of every float found in Maldives photoshoots so far.
Ammy (Poland) – LUX South Ari Atoll – Avacado
Karina Volodina (Russia) – Sun Island – French Fries
Yulia Schastlivaya (Russia) – One & Only Reethi Rah – Popsicle
Pruno Dasha (Russia) – Dhigali – Watermelon
Ekaterina Bezborodko (Russia) – Holiday Island – Donut
Alexandra Pereira (Spain) – Constance Halaveli – Pretzel
Camilla Vendrame Tognetti (USA) – NIYAMA – Pizza
Irina Cerutti (Switzerland) – Cheval Blanc Randheli – Black Swan
Marcia Garcia (Italy) – Anantara Dhigu – Peacock
Yulia Schastlivaya (Russia) – Huvafenfushi – Exotic Bird
Daniela Andreotti (Italy) One & Only Reethi Rah – Turtle
Victoria Demidova (Russia) – Club Med Finolhu Villas – Lilo
Georgia Cohen (Canada) – Cinnamon Dhonveli – Jetski
MonNy Sirilak (Thailand) – Halaveli – Heart
Anya Talyzin (USA) – Athuruga – Angel Wing
Sailor Moona (China) – NIYAMA – Gummy Bear
Wendy (Australia) – NIYAMA – Circles
World Toilet Day today. With a very serious message about the importance of proper sanitation. Despite the advances in the modern world, 4.5 people live without a toilet. More than half the planet. One of the aspirations of the day is to make sure that everyone has a safe toilet by 2030.
To mark the occasion, Maldives Complete has assembled a list of top toilets in the Maldives when it comes to a view of nature when nature calls…
1. CONRAD RANGALI [ABOVE]
2. SONEVA FUSHI
Little Mermaid Day today celebrating the release of Disney’s “Little Mermaid” film in 1989. If you want to release your inner mermaid under da sea (sort of a reverse Ariel if you know what I mean, the Palm Beach is offering an aquatic photoshoot by one of the premier photographers of this style.
· “Imagine building a portfolio of one-of-a-kind underwater portraits in the serene, private setting of a Maldivian Atoll. A place where you’re photographing skilled underwater models against the backdrop of pristine coral reefs and large marine mammals while also funding local ocean conservation efforts…. Now you don’t have to just dream it; you can experience it. Professional underwater photographer Chiara Salomoni leads a once-in-a-lifetime 6 day, 5 night all-inclusive masterclass at the Palm Beach Island Resort in the Maldives on Lhaviyani Atoll, Nov 12th-17th, 2018. This customized workshop enables scuba-divers and photographers alike to gain technical mastery in every aspect of underwater portraiture, working in a variety of settings from pool to open-water shallows and even deep ocean scenes with marine mammals. Expert underwater models Christine Ren and Syrena, Singapore’s premier mermaid performer, will pose as the subjects and provide training on how to work safely with both non-models and models in the water. But the best part is 10% of the trip’s proceeds are reinvested locally into marine conservation projects. Travel somewhere beautiful, learn amazing new skills, and save the ocean – what’s not to love?”
That’s why is hotter, Under the water!
Something about a map that has detailed artistry and exotic allure. It tells an aerial pictorial story of some part of the planet. Ocean maps are often the most enchanting with their sinuous coastlines and patterns of inlets and isles.
Naturally, maps of the Maldives are bursting with this adventurous charm. Huawalhi has a employed one of the more antiquarian depictions of the “Laquedives” as a design highlight in its villas. Blotter, cases, lampshades, etc. use segments of these ancient charts. Very reminiscent of one of our favourite designers, Alviero Martini’s “1ª Classe’ line of fashion and accessories.