One & Only Reethi Rah’s “Comfort Menu” offers up a selection of treats for floating in the comfort of your own villa – “Individually chosen ESPA bath oils, mineral sea salts and petals envelop the body as candles bath the room in a soft relaxing light.”
You have a choices of several variations including:
- “Essential oils of the West Indian Bay and Clove” served with Hot cinnamon tea
- “English Peppermint and Rosemary” served with a refreshing ice cold Earl Grey tea with Rosemary and Citrus
- “Frankinceance and Ylang-Ylang served with a hot herbal tea of Rosehip and Hibiscus
Calgon take me away…to paradise.
Rub a dub, just relaxin’ in the tub thinkin’ everything was alright.
Bathtub Party Day today (still not making any of these days u). In a part of the world which is 99% water and where most every resort or even villa has its own pool, it might seem a bit strange that the bath tub is one of the most biggest and most extravagant features in the luxury villas. There is something a bit sensually soothing about a sudsy soak. And you can add sweet scents, foamy bubbles and a sprinkling of petals. These splishin’ and a splashin’ fashionistas certainly seem to think so…
- Coco Lili (France) – Hideaway Beach
- Yulia Rybakova (Russia) – Sun Siyam Irufushi
- Madeleine Schneider-Weiffenbach (Germany) – Grand Park Kodhipparu
- Anna Trestain (OAE) – Angsana Velavaru
- Dominika Myslivcová (Czech) – Gili Lankanfushi
- Tatyana Kiss (Russia) – Furaveri
- Vanessa Midori (Japan) – Anantara Kihavah Villas
- Anjelika (Russia) – Sun Island
- Elisa Hasselkjaer (United Kingdom) – Grand Park Kodhipparu
- Melissa Celestine Koh (Singapore) – Club Med Finolhu Villas
- Daniella Novaes (Brazil) – Six Senses Laamu
- Barbara Fumagalli (Italy) – Ayada
- Haley Andersen (Australia) – Anantara Kihavah Villas
- Adriana Jennings (Australia) – Sun Siyam Irufushi
- Steisy (Bulgaria) – Sun Island
- Valery Khudyakov (Russia) – Dusit Thani
- Daria Dashenka (Russia) – Velassaru
- Lauryn Goodman (United Kingdom) – Sun Aqua Vilu Reef
- Alisa Ilieva (Ukraine) – Kanuhura
- Adrianne Lu (Taiwan) – Anantara Veli
- Ani Lubov (Russia) – Soneva Fushi
- Yoyo Cao (Singpore) – Halaveli
- Kate B. Kate (Poland) – Sun Island
- Maria Kragmann (Denmark) – Angsana Velavaru
- Tatiana Vasilieva (Russia) – Anantara Dhigu
- Lista Khu (Indonesia) – Conrad Rangali
- Pepper Chocolate (Italy) – KIHAAD
- Madeline Joy Relph, Natalie Roser, Brooke Hogan (Australia) – Four Seasons Kuda Huraa
- Melinda Bam (South Africa) – Coco Palm Bodu Hithi
- Rachel Limsh (Malaysia) – W Maldives
- Kristin Sundberg (Sweden) – NIYAMA
- Jenny Phm (Vietnam) – Six Senses Laamu
- Ksenia Rai (Russia) – Anantara Dhigu
- Melanie Martin (France) – Kandima
- Coco Airi (Japan) – Gili Lankanfushi
- Darya Radchenko (Russia) – Kihaad
- Farina Opoku (Germany) – Kandima
- Helen Janneson Bense (Finland) – Grand Park Kodhipparu
- Katrin Amaure (Austria) – Furaveri
- J Chow (Hong Kong) – Kuramathi
- Olesia Z. (Ukraine) – Kandima
- Belinda Morgan and Margaret MacPherson (Australia) – Club Med Kani
- Maria Romanova (Russia) – Velaa
- Alex Seifert (Germany) – Conrad Rangali
- Anna Sharapova (Russia) – One & Only Reethi Rah
- Nina Serebrova (Russia) – Medhufushi
- Annie Lenova (Russia) – Naladhu
- Julia Kovalenko (Russia) – Anantara Dhigu
- Marina Comes (United Kingdom) – Gili Lankanfushi
- Larisa Yuskovich (Russia) – Anantara Dhigu
- Marie Kitsova (Russia) – Sun Siyam Irufushi
- Renee (NewZealand) – Kandolhu
- Yvette Le Blowitz (Australia) – Shangri-La Vilingili
- Nika Zakharova (Ukraine) – LUX Maldives
- Pia Muehlenbeck (Australia) – Six Senses Laamu
- Arisha Gz (Russia) – Sun Siyam Irufushi
- Crissy Luv (Trinidad) – Anantara Kihavah
- Dilya Diaz (Australia) – Six Senses Laamu
- Devon Windsor (USA) – One and Only Reethi Rah
- Tamala Prickett (USA) – Huvafenfushi
With the warm tropical air and cool ocean breezes, you do as much as possible outside in the Maldives. Certainly, al fresco dining every chance you get. Not to mention, beach versions of every sport there is. Outdoor showers would probably make a list of Top Ten things you only do (or primarily do) in the Maldives. You often will take a couple of refreshing soaks during the day. One after your morning dive or snorkel, one after your afternoon in the sun to freshen up for dinner.
With the glistening water droplets streaming down, it’s also a popular photoshoot Kodak Photo Spot with the fashionista crowd. Here is Maldives Complete the not-so-dirty thirty of the shower set.
- Pia Muehlenbeck (Australia) – Six Senses Laamu [VIDEO]
- Aggie Lal (USA) – Six Senses Laamu
- Viki Odintcova (Russia) – One & Only Reethi Rah
- Josefine Forsberg (Sweden) – Hideaway Beach
- Marina (Russia) – Irufushi
- Tatyana Kiss (Russia) – Furaveri
- Viktoriya Kabochkina (Russia) – Rihiveli
- McKenna Ray (USA) – Conrad Rangali
- Bar Zomer (Israel) – Amilla Fushi
- Adelina and Alina (Tartarstan) – Soneva Jani
- Anastasia Reshetova (Russia) – Anantara Dhigu
- Taylor Mega (Italy) – NIYAMA
- Est Are (Nigeria) – Maafushivaru
- Anna Ryapasova (Russia) – Dusit Thani
- Sierra Furtado (Canada) – Sun Siyam Irufushi
- Zemfira Jemchujnaya (Russia) – Taj Exotica
- Lera Bukinaa (Russia) – Centara Ras Fushi
- Svetlana Glagoleva (Russia) – Coco Palm Bodu Hithi
- Jenny Phm (Vietnam) – Six Senses Laamu
- Milana Koroleva (Russia) – NIYAMA
- Ranuga Sukrasorn (Australia) – Kuramathi
- Mariam Rod (Iran) – Ayada
- Mini Lina (Bosnia) – Amari Havodda
- Victoria Demidova (Russia) – Milaidhoo
- Julia Dybowska (Poland) – JA Manafaru
- Olesya Malinskaya (Russia) – One & Only Reethi Rah
- Mabel (Singapore) – NIYAMA
- Karri Nicholas (Australia) – Amilla Fushi
- Jessica Cabensy (USA) – Anantara Kihavah Villas
- Julia Marchak (Ukraine) – Six Senses Laamu [VIDEO]
“The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
You can add Park Hyatt Hadahaa’s “Vidrun” (meaning “to shine” in Dhevehi) spa to that list. Their treatments incorporate a selection of special salt and herb blends based on Maldivian concepts…
- Hoonu – rose and sandalwood (Cooling)
- Fini – ginger, clove and aniseed (Warming)
- Hiki – jasmine and lotus (Balancing)
All massages start with a foot scrub with signature foot salt…a symbol that your “journey has begun”. Then of course, you soak in a soothing bath using your chosen bath salt.
Definitely worth its salt.
When I’m not in the Maldives, my two relaxation havens are (a) in front of the TV, and (b) in a hot bath. But if you are in the Maldives, then you can have the relaxation trifecta with both looking over the somnifacient seas of the Maldives at Ayada water villa. One of the all time great combinations up there with peanut butter and chocolate, Paul McCartney and Steve Wonder, or Star Wars and Lego.
Huvafenfushi has its own bathing with multiple heads, but of a more reclined style. Its bathroom’s Jacuzzi bath has not one but 4 places to rest one’s head. Head rests on bath tubs are a bit of a pet peeve of mine. The Calgon-take-me-away moments are all about blissful floating and yet invariably your head is uncomfortably pushing on some ceramic-hard surface.
Huvafenfushi take me away!
If you are serious about lounging in the bath, then I can’t imagine an accessory more essential than a bath pillow. And yet, they are astonishingly rare. I had to find on online for our bath a home. Without them, your head has to rest on a cold, hard tub.
Fortunately, Constance Halaveli has gotten suds soaking down. Not only do they have a comfy head rest, but they also have extra long tub so you can really stretch out.
Pass the Calgon.
If you want to soak in your own bath of floral scents and colourful visuals, then Anantara Kihava’s glass bottomed bath extends right down into the ocean. You can be surrounded by vibrant petals floating above and vivid sea creatures scurrying about beneath.
Glass bottomed soak.
The latest celebrity Maldives visit (also in a ‘family way’) is Marvin and Rochelle Humes. No surprise that they too are staying at Reethi Rah. Daily Mail coverage included a pic of their bath decoration. Petals in the bath water are de rigeur for romantic spa experiences, but Reethi has gone a step further applying this time honoured bed decoration to the other most relaxing (and at time romantic) part of a villa.