Stations are a commonplace feature at resort restaurants providing the freshness and customisation of a la carte with the variety of selection of a buffet. Dhigali brings the concept to the spa with their Natural Scrub Station for facials and body scrubs. Scrubs made custom for your treatment from the following ingredients:
- Sand with clove, cinnamon and cardomon – Maldive rub
Fresh scrubs freshly made from fresh ingredients for fresh skin.
Mostly AI is about relaxing. Not worrying about the charges mounting as you order your next pina colada. In fact, not worrying about any of your budget as you go about enjoying your holiday. But we’ve never opted for the all-inclusive package because the things that they include don’t worry us much. We are not big drinkers and we are pretty happy managing our outlays for excursions and extras. One of those extras where we always have to be sensitive to the price list is the spa. We could go to the spa time after time enjoying the unique experience of ultimate relaxation in the surroundings of tropical sounds and atmosphere. Fortunately, Kandolhu has introduced a “Spa AI” package which includes spa treatments:
- “At Kandolhu Maldives, guests now have the opportunity to further indulge in the healing powers of touch therapy with its newly refined spa program, Well Inclusive Spa. The new offering provide unlimited access to the entire range of spa treatments including VOYA body experiences, YonKa facial treatments, skincare options and a wide range of specialised massages. Skilled therapists personalise daily treatments and activities according to the guests’ wellness needs. By unlimited, no restrictions are applied from visit frequency to type of treatment. Curated instructional videos, Manduka towels and mats, specially designed wellness beverages and healthy mixed fruit plates are provided to all guests booked for this package.”
My kind of AI.
In most spas, the obligatory jacuzzi for some soothing bubble relaxation is tucked away in some back corner. I’ve enjoyed some massage treatments over the water on open pavilions, You & Me’s spa jacuzzi is the first I’ve come across with such pride of place. Sunset facing too!
Most spa pools are little plunge affairs. Sometimes resorts will put in extensive water features, but they are ornamental ponds for fish to swim in not guests. Sirru Fen Fushi’s Willow Stream Spa includes a serenity pool that is longer than many property’s main pools:
- “A dedicated Olympic size Jacuzzi pool is provided for Spa Guests for pre or post treatment immersion. Our 50-meter long serenity pool is enhanced by natural sounds and light, soothing aromatherapy scent, and water temperatures varying from tropical warm to refreshing cool.”
- “After your rejuvenating treatment, enjoy wellness refreshments and freshly-prepared herbal teas in our sea view relaxation lounges. Our 25-meter long serenity pool is enhanced by natural sounds and light, soothing aromatherapy scent, and water temperatures varying from tropical warm to refreshing cool. Nestled in a total of 2000sqm wellness area, it enables guests to rediscover their energy, providing indoor and outdoor spaces to reconnect you beyond the treatment experience.”
‘Hue’ can saturate yourself in the most colourful treatment in the Maldives with Amilla Fushi’s Sensora light therapy:
- “The Sensora light modulation technology is one of the most advanced chromotherapy systems in the world, clinically proven to bring the brain to rest, effortlessly reduce stress and induce deep relaxation. Sensora offers a unique multi-sensorial environment combining light, sound and kinaesthetic vibration. The advanced colour-light system recharges the brain’s electrical field and positively interacts with various bio-rhythms such as brainwaves, breath and heartbeat. The combination of associated colours and frequencies offers many beneficial effects including deeper relaxation; enhanced alertness; increased release of endorphins and reduction in chronic pain, helping to fight insomnia and fatigue; treat anxiety, mental tension and depression; and much more.”
An appropriate complement to the sunlight therapy that draws to many to Maldives in the first place.
At Kandolhu immerses you in the art of a deal with their “Spa AI” package. You can relax about a spa splurge and leave behind your worries about a wallet purge:
- “The new offering provide unlimited access to the entire range of spa treatments including VOYA body experiences, YonKa facial treatments, skincare options and a wide range of specialised massages. Skilled therapists personalise daily treatments and activities according to the guests’ wellness needs. By unlimited, no restrictions are applied from visit frequency to type of treatment. Curated instructional videos, Manduka towels and mats, specially designed wellness beverages and healthy mixed fruit plates are provided to all guests booked for this package. A preferred discount is given on all VOYA and Yonka retail products sold at the spa.”
Let your aches and cares melt away instead of your budget.
If you want to not just wear, but infuse yourself with the blossoming fruit of paradise, then Vakkaru’s Signature Journey at Merana Spa will immerse you in the soothing and regenerative oils of the coconut in nearly every manner imaginable…
· “Our signature treatment at the overwater Merana Spa is a 150-minute immersive full-body journey inspired by the finest natural healing and moisturising elements of the coconut. Treatment includes a 15-minute coconut haircare experience, followed by a coconut and sugar body scrub, milk bath with coconut-based nourishments served during your bath and finally, this unique ritual includes a body massage with steamed coconut shell to leave you feeling relaxed, balanced and rejuvenated.”
This cuckoo for coconuts extravagance actually harkens back to the island’s heritage as a coconut plantation with over 1400 coconut trees before it was made into a resort.
Many Maldives spas have relaxation areas often for chilling before or after a treatment, but Hurawalhi has a separate meditation room devoted to a higher plane of mindfulness. A range of comfortable mats and sitting adjacent to the “ringing bowls” for those who want to incorporate those into their practice.
If lots of folks want to put their feet up, Sun Siyam Irufushi has the most treatment rooms in the Maldives with their spa featuring 20. And that’s not counting the private treatment room in their Celebrity Retreat villa.
Happy New Year 2019! Lots of New Years Resolutions. Including renewed resolve to work off the holiday goodies of the New Years Celebrations. Best to start off easy. Like a simple stroll. Or maybe a stroll with a bit of resistance…like wading through water. Cocoon’s Cube Spa has introduced a wading pool, aka “Kneipp Pool” (thanks Paola). It might seem like a pool of water for wading in the Maldives is a bit like bringing coals to Newcastle, but in fairness, the pool offers a number of advantages over the beach stroll. For example, it is completely level and does not have sharp pieces of coral to accidentally step on.