Amilla Maldives continues to pioneer accessibility in the Maldives with its latest accessibility feature being “height”. Lowering access to key features is not just beneficial to height-challenged individuals, but is also a major boon to wheelchair users whose own operating height is obviously lowered.
The catalogue of the villa overhaul includes the following:
- Bathroom Vanities
- Lowered mirrors
- Relocated taps to side
- Cut out under benches to allow wheelchair access
- Added hand shower unit in Beach Villa
- Added grab rails
- Shower Chair is added depending on guest requirements
- Mini-Bar Cabinet
- Reduced the bench height by 23cm to enable access when in a wheelchair
- Easier access to minibar fridge and coffee machine
- Built a long benchtop in place of working desk to create a vanity area for guest to blow-dry hair and make-up area within the bedroom
- Removed all rugs and benches from the bedroom
Maldives is renowned for having the world’s lowest elevation, and now Amilla have provided accessibility to match.