As I discussed in my post “Maldives Methadone”, one of the most frequently discussed topic amongst Maldives addicts (known as victims of “Maldivitis”) is the question “Is there anywhere else on Earth like the Maldives?” (hopefully a little cheaper).
If you truly take the unique blend of characteristics that make the Maldives the very definition of Bounty-bar iconic paradise, then the selection is rather limited. So to extend the boundaries a little more generously, I’ve assembled a second tier collection of tropical islands that are like the Maldives in every way except elevation.
Unfortunately, adding a bit of topological height doesn’t really seem to lower the price that much. Most of the rates are comparable to top high-end 4-stars or value priced 5-star properties in the Maldives. But if you are okay with a largish pile of rocks instead a smallish plot of sand for your tropical island, then here are some Maldives cousins…
- Huma Island, Philippines (£484 per night) [ABOVE]
- Club Paradise Palawan, Philippines (£308 per night)
- Constance Tsarabanjina, Madagascar (£427 per night)
- Petit St. Vincent, Grenadines (£665 per night)
- Komodo Resort, Sebayur Indonesia (£380 per night)
- Royal Davui Island Resort, Fiji (£560 per night)
Pingback: Best of the Maldives: Elevation – Soneva Fushi - Maldives Complete Blog
What about Palm Island in the Grenadines, it’s a little higher than Maldives in parts of the island.
Good one! Thanks!