Reef-frames are the only things with better labels as I have this week updated the ‘Tags’ used on Maldives Complete. Of course, you can always use Google or the Search facility on the blog to search for text like ‘snorkelling’ or ‘surfing’. But, text search will indiscriminately bring up any mention whatsoever of that word. Tags are used by sites to indicate important topics in the post or page. If you select one of the ‘Tags’ at the bottom of the posts (or in the ‘tag cloud’ – see above – which highlight the most prevalent tags scaled to proportion of their use), then it will bring you all the posts that are focused on that subject.
For a long time, I have had a collection of tags corresponding to the various ‘Best of the Maldives’ categories (eg. Sport, Activity, Service, Online). And over time, those have morphed a bit as certain sub-categories grew big enough to merit their own break out (eg. Surfing, Shopping). For starters this week, I have added another breakout to ‘Activity’ which is ‘Boating’.
But I have also added the following Tags which don’t relate to ‘Best Of’ categories, but rather to my other types of posts…
- Destination – about the Maldives itself in general (eg. weather, family tips)
- Industry – about tourism in the Maldives (eg. rating system, tourist numbers)
- Tour – reviews of my days there when I do personal trips
- Site – about the Maldives Complete site itself like new features (like this post here)
- Fun – whimsical stuff that just brings a smile to my face.